The volunteer group gathered public feedback on letters issued by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) in the aftermath of a crime, and reflected this feedback in redrafted letters. Approaching residents from a wide range of backgrounds, the group’s aim was to ensure that the new Victim of Crime letters used accessible language to communicate with Manchester’s diverse public.
- International Mother Language Day event kick-starts partnership to celebrate Manchester’s language mosaic
- MLM partners with Manchester City Council to map diversity of Manchester’s languages
- European Day of Languages: Researchers call for a Multilingual Cities Movement, as first major European city launches language diversity policy
- New student reports now online
- Event at Houses of Parliament: Recognising Our Citizens’ Many Languages