Last month we met with officials at the Office for National Statistics to make suggestions for improvement of the question on languages ahead of the 2021 Census. But the officials are reluctant to act, and it seems that to get results, researchers will have to engage more widely to promote a general vision of a linguistically diverse society. Read more here, and see earlier documentation here.
- University Public Engagement with Urban Multilingualism conference
- Guidelines for blog contributors
- ‘Modern languages’ and ‘Community languages’: A plea for a domestic language policy agenda
- Call for Papers: Rethinking Language and Community. Diversity in Global Settings
- International Mother Language Day 2019