Last month we met with officials at the Office for National Statistics to make suggestions for improvement of the question on languages ahead of the 2021 Census. But the officials are reluctant to act, and it seems that to get results, researchers will have to engage more widely to promote a general vision of a linguistically diverse society. Read more here, and see earlier documentation here.
- Position paper calls for consideration of non-standard and minority language varieties in supplementary school curriculum
- International Mother Language Day event kick-starts partnership to celebrate Manchester’s language mosaic
- MLM partners with Manchester City Council to map diversity of Manchester’s languages
- European Day of Languages: Researchers call for a Multilingual Cities Movement, as first major European city launches language diversity policy
- New student reports now online