Last month we met with officials at the Office for National Statistics to make suggestions for improvement of the question on languages ahead of the 2021 Census. But the officials are reluctant to act, and it seems that to get results, researchers will have to engage more widely to promote a general vision of a linguistically diverse society. Read more here, and see earlier documentation here.
- Event at Houses of Parliament: Recognising Our Citizens’ Many Languages
- Event: A Celebration of Faith and Language Diversity
- Conference “Rethinking Language and Community: Diversity in Global Settings”
- University Public Engagement with Urban Multilingualism conference
- Guidelines for blog contributors