Last month we met with officials at the Office for National Statistics to make suggestions for improvement of the question on languages ahead of the 2021 Census. But the officials are reluctant to act, and it seems that to get results, researchers will have to engage more widely to promote a general vision of a linguistically diverse society. Read more here, and see earlier documentation here.
- Continuing our efforts to amend census question on language
- Call for papers: University Public Engagement with Urban Multilingualism
- Manchester’s linguistic landscapes/ Sprache im öffentlichen Raum
- Event: ‘Critical Reflections on Multilingual Research Practice’, 3 July 2018
- Manchester language documentation technology heads to Russia