Last month we met with officials at the Office for National Statistics to make suggestions for improvement of the question on languages ahead of the 2021 Census. But the officials are reluctant to act, and it seems that to get results, researchers will have to engage more widely to promote a general vision of a linguistically diverse society. Read more here, and see earlier documentation here.
- Event: Manchester in Translation
- invEStigadores: Culture, History, Law, and more! Exploring Humanities research in Spanish at Instituto Cervantes
- Experts call for better language provision to help non-English speakers into work
- Manchester Museum embraces the city’s language diversity
- New student reports now online